These are useful hints compiled by our highly successful team from their long-standing
experience in property which will help you not only sell your property quickly,
but will also get you a far better price.
This is not a myth but a proven fact!
- Paint the inside, outside and roof, if necessary. Old paint tends to fade
or dissolve and looks scruffy and tatty.
- Keep to neutral colour schemes.
- Remove stickers from walls and cupboards.
- Repair all cracks with polyfilla and then paint interior and exterior.
- See that there are no roof leaks anywhere as Financial Institutions will
hold back a retention on the bond - which will hold up the sale.
- Replace, repair and paint shabby fascias, gutters and downpipes.
- Steam clean carpets - as it gives the home a fresh appeal.
- Hire a "bomb disposal unit" to dispose of "doggy landmines."
- Manicure garden, pavements, driveways, back and front yards.
- Remove all rubble from your garden and dump at the Municipal dumping grounds.
Also repaint or repair pot plant containers.
- Cut back creepers and overgrown shrubs which tend to make the house look
- Varnish slasto patios and paths which have faded and look shabby.
- Clean all paving.
- Re-varnish/ oil woodwork inside and out, if any, also check whether front
or back doors require attention. Tidy all cupboards and rooms.
- Clean and tidy the garage.
- Clean the windows.
- Present a clean sparkling pool.